19 November 2014

Did I Hear You Say Christmas?

Now I know I've mentioned this before but if you didn't already know, I'm not actually in the country for Christmas as I'm going to be in New York!! I am so excited, I keep having to calm myself down before I hyperventilate! My family are putting money in to add to my spending money for Christmas which is so lovely of them :) Tom and I are going to be there from the 19th through to the 29th and we've decided that we'll set ourselves a little limit and get each other a souvenir/ornament type of gift for each other to open on Christmas day. Apart from that though we're not doing pressies.

I feel that I have a bit of a free pass to talk about Christmas so early (I personally don't think its too early at all but I do understand that a lot of people unfortunately do not share the same opinion) considering that I only have 1 month till I fly off, I've got to squeeze all of my Christmas excitement in early!

I've been doing a bit of present shopping (for other people, I promise!) and just couldn't help myself from browsing all of the lovely beauty gifts and then that escalated to shoes/handbags/jewellery and then somehow puppies...

Anyway, I thought I would share some of the top gifts I've come across that could serve as inspiration for anyone struggling on what to buy a loved one, or what to ask for for Christmas. I've thrown in some fail safe options and then some more adventurous options for anyone feeling a bit risky (or perhaps risqué)!

For the Make-up Junkie

  1. Bobbi Brown Mixed Metals Collection. A limited edition collection of essentials to make gorgeous smoky eye looks, all packed up in a super cute make up pouch with bronze detailing keeping in touch with the metallic theme of the gift.
  2. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Swarovski Edition. Who doesn't want to add a bit of sparkle to their make-up routine?! Every girl needs a Touch Éclat in her make-up bag so why not add a bejazzled one! 
  3. Dior Multi Use Make-Up Palette. Gorgeous packaging, gorgeous colours. There's really not much more to say. This is the ideal holiday season palette, it has all of the essentials in such pretty colours and it all zips up in one pouch ready to be popped in the handbag and used on the go. Ideal! 
  4. Charlotte Tilbury The Dolce Vita Gift Box. Everything you would ever need to recreate one of the most beautiful make-up looks. With ten looks to chose from, The Dolce Vita is the most universally flattering in my opinion. 

For the Perfumer


  1. Hermés Jour d'Hermés Absolu Gift Set. Femininity in a bottle, like smelling the most beautiful bouquet of flowers over and over again.
  2. Acqua Di Parma Rosa Nobile. A very loving smell, bursting with rose petals and elegance.
  3. Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir. A very Christmassy feeling smell with ruby rich flavours. 
  4. Viktor & Rolf Bonbon. Like living in a sweet shop but never getting sick, draped in caramel this smell is sure to make your taste buds tingle. 

For the Romantic

  1. Tiffany & Co Heart Key Pendant. I promise you that at some point in a girls life she has dreamed of opening up a little blue Tiffany box! This lovely Tiffany blue heart pendant is the perfect excuse for her to have a blue box to open this Christmas.
  2. Things I'd Do For Love Personalised Book. A cute and funny book of things you would do for the person you love! This would make such a memorable keep sake gift for the one you love.
  3. Harvey Nichols Pamper Gift Set. Every girl loves to be pampered, so why not buy her a box full of everything needed to do so?! p.s you'll earn extra points if you offer your assistance in using the gift and pamper her for the evening.
  4. Paris City Break. Paris, the city of love! Considering the average return on the train will only set you back £69pp, this would make such a wonderful gift.You could go for the day, the night, the weekend; It wouldn't matter how long you're there for as Paris is such a magical city.
For the Naughty


It is my personal opinion that if you are wanting a gift of naughty indulgence then there are only two ways to go, divine lingerie or a luxurious hotel break (if you reallllly want to push the boat out then both would go down a treat with your significant other!)


Agent Provocateur is the ultimate go to for indulgent lingerie. The lace, the silk, the look, the pink box, everything about them is desirable. 
No.11 Cadogan Gardens Hotel is the most wonderful hotel. Any of the rooms would be perfect for a night away but the amorous colours and luxurious materials in the Suite would make the stay just that bit more perfect.

For the Stocking

Because what girl wouldn't want one of these magical gifts popped in to her stocking, along with the Cadbury Christmas Selection box and of course, the oranges!

Here lies my ultimate gift list, these are the type of presents that would make a girl cry and pee herself at the same time whilst jumping for joy and singing like a choir. Now lets be very clear here, no one is expecting these things to be waiting for them under the tree at Christmas, it would be like expecting Ryan Gosling or Johnny Depp to be waiting for you on the sofa with a cup of tea- completely ridiculous but so enjoyable to imagine! 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This is definitely going to help me this year, I haven't even started my christmas shopping yet!! So jealous that you're spending christmas in NY <3 I nominated you for a liebster award, check it out here >> http://kellieodonoghue.wordpress.com/2014/11/20/liebster-award/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kellie :) Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I must have completely missed this! Thank you so much for your comment, the Liebster award looks so fun! Thanks for the nom xxx

      Delete

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig