25 April 2015

Selfridges Splurge!

Ok so I may have had a bit of an overspend online at Selfridges & Co....I should apologise to my bank account but if I'm being honest, I'm really not that sorry because I absolutely LOVE everything I purchased. I promise you now though that I will be trying my absolute best to curb any impulses purchases and to resist make-up spending for a little while! There's a few bits that I need to buy in the next week, a darker foundation & waterproof mascara are on my list as I'm going on Holiday next weekend and I always need darker foundations etc for the summer months. O also migt make a little duty free buy at the Airport! So after next week I'll be putting myself on a ban for a while! I've got a few months of Glossybox to come though so I'll be reviewing them along with other posts :)


Moving on to this haul, first of all can I just say how much I love the packaging! I've always loved the way Selfridges package their orders, the tissue paper is so cute and the little drawstring bag is great for additional storage! I always keep them, they come in so handy.


First up is my new absolute favourite foundation, Chanel Perfection Lumière Long Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup . What a mouthful! My colour at the moment is Beige 10 but I'll definitely need a new one in a different colour to go with a tan. Its got an SPF of 10 which is great for the skin and it also doesn't make you look scary if your picture is taken with flash on! My favourite tool to apply this foundation with is a damp Beauty Blender (I'm loving the black pro Beauty Blender at the moment). This foundation is definitely on the pricier side at £36 but the lasting power is so impressive as is the absolutely flawless streak free finish. I highly highly recommend investing if you're on the hunt for a high end foundation.


Next we have Charlotte Tilbury K.i.s.s.i.n.g Lipstick in Bitch Perfect. This is a gorgeous pinky nude colour, it's like your lips but better. Also can we just take a moment to appreciate the names of the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks?! Aren't they just amazing! I think my favourites that I'm yet to add to my collection are Night Crimson, Lost CherryBond GirlWalk Of Shame and Velvet Underground. Her lipsticks are so hydrating (even the matte ones, they don't ever dry out my lips) and pigmented I just love them!


I have another lipstick next, its the Tom Ford Lipstick in colour Tomas from the Lips & Boys exclusive range. My pictures do the colour no justice, it was so hard to capture the gorgeous shade. Its a medium to dark orange colour with lighter coppery shimmers and a subtle metallic sheen, absolutely ideal for summer and a tan! It's semi-opaque in its pigmentation but you can definitely top it up to achieve a stronger look. I love this range and there were/are so many colours that I'd love to try but sadly so many of them went out of stock so quickly! I'm so pleased that I managed to get my hands on this one though, I can't wait to wear it on holiday in Cannes next week!



Now I present to you one of my most extravagant buys that I just couldn't resist...it is the Christian Louboutin Nail Polish in the colour Daffodile. I completely admit that spending £36 on a nail polish is outrageous and it is not something that I plan on doing often but I will say that you pay for what you get! The pigmentation is incredible, one coat and you're good to go. I tested with and without a top coat, without, my nails lasted a full 7 days before chipping and even then it was only slightly at the tips because I type all day long at work. With a topcoat, they lasted a good 10 days before you could see slight fading on the tips and small chips here and there. When it came to taking it off, I was dreading it a bit as I find that the more expensive polishes can be a real struggle to remove. This however came off like a dream! it didn't stain, it didn't leak, it took me 5 minutes to take off both hands and I only used one cotton pad per hand. I was so impressed! The colour is also out of this world, I have such a weakness for grey and was instantly drawn to this colour, its not a straight up grey though as it's got definite taupe/khaki tones in it but it is so unique and gorgeous, it's my favourite polish by far.



So there we are, all done and I hope you enjoyed this post of my mini Selfridges haul. 


Happy Saturday everyone :) xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig