21 May 2015

Spring Time Styling

I'd definitely say we're still in Spring, there's no way you could call this weather Summer (well I suppose this is the UK so anything goes...it'll probably start snowing now or something equally ridiculous). At the slightest sight of the sun peeking out everyone's throwing on the most summery outfit they can get their hands on, now I'm all for ditching the layers and coats and knee high boots when the sun start shining but I just can't accept it when I see men out in flip flops, shorts and a vest or even topless, brrrrrrr (and topless whilst driving...I just don't get it...seriously this happened to me yesterday)! or when the women go out in the most see through maxi dress that was clearly labelled as a beach cover up and not the perfect outfit for shopping in Sainsburys on a gloomy Tuesday afternoon. Don't get me wrong, those kind of outfits are more than acceptable....when its summer!! Not when its still spring, it's been raining on and off all week and I'm bloody happy I wasn't caught in the rain wearing my Havaianas.


In no way do I refer to myself as some sort of style guru or anything but I feel like some people just need a gentle reminder that it is in fact still mainly only reaching 16/17 degrees and quite frankly it's just not time for you to showcase your summer wardrobe. Just wait a few more weeks and I'm sure the weather will be perfect for you.

My advice for anyone wanting to inject a little Spring to their wardrobes and are struggling between the transition between seasons, why not invest in a nice light spring time jacket and some cute espadrilles. Here are my Spring time top picks, if you're trying to save pennies, spend pennies or splurge pennies, I hope you enjoy (again, I'm no style guru, these are just some items that I'm really loving at the moment for Spring).

Save
New Look | Silver Glitter Front Lace Espadrilles | £9.99
Spend
Finds | +Soldos Embroidered Canvas Espadrilles | £55
Splurge
Saint Laurent | Leopard Print Brushed Suede Espadrilles £265 
Save
H&M | Denim Jacket, Light Denim Blue | £24.99
Spend
Topshop | Floral Print Jersey Bomber Jacket | £45
Splurge
Madwell | Arrowhead Cotton Jacquard Jacket | £130
Save
Dorothy Perkins | Khaki Sleeveless Shirt Dress | £20
Spend
River Island | Khaki Military Shirt Dress | £45
Splurge
MICHAEL Michael Kors | Belted Silk Crepe Mini Dress | £265
 Save
New Look | Wide Fit Black Caged Multi Strap Boots | £10
Spend
Kurt Geiger | Serena | £59
Splurge
Miista | Clarissa Black Cut-out Leather Ankle Boots | £230
Save
 Matalan | Crepe Swing Dress | £14 
Spend

Motel | Savannah Dress | £35
 Splurge  

Tory Burch |Amy Navy Printed Silk Shirt Dress | £390

I hope you enjoyed flicking through my current top picks for Spring time, I hope they could serve as some form of inspiration if any of you are looking at changing up or adding to your Spring wardrobe :) xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig