30 May 2015

You Make Me Blush

I don't know about you but I still think of Hourglass Cosmetics to be a relatively new brand. I don't know if it's just the fact that 11 years ago (the company was founded in 2004 by beauty industry veteran Carisa Janes) I was only 11 and make up to me was a Barry M Dazzle Dust that ended up all over the house and a gloopy clear lipgloss! Back then I was more interested in saving £3 for a Girl Talk Magazine, I wouldn't have ever ever had the patience or will power to save for a £30 blusher. Lets be honest though, what use does an 11 year old girl have with a £30 blusher?! Nowadays investing £30 in a blusher is something that makes me giddy with happiness.
Hourglass have only really been on my radar for about two years and when I first found out about them I thought it was too good to be true. How on earth could a blusher or powder give you a 'candlelit glimmer', how could these complexion products be so groundbreaking and create unbelievably surreal skin?? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?! I was just baffled and figured it was obviously too good to be true so I forgot all about it. Two years ago I kept seeing lots of post pop up all over the place of people raving about the products. I carried out my own research and was blown away with what a gorgeous finish the products left on the skin. I was hooked. It wasn't until I was in the states in December that I made my first Hourglass purchases, I picked up the Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush and the Ambient Powder Brush. I did a lot of umming and ahhing over the blush or the powder and then I saw the gorgeous palettes and I was really thrown and just didn't know what to do. I'm sure that it was at this point that Tom walked out of Sephora and just left me to it! I finally decided on a blusher because I figured I would get more use out of it and felt that it would be the perfect starter product. Depending on how well I got on with it, I would then be able to purchase further items in the range. 


The colour is such a beautiful flushed peony pink and the pigmentation is amazing and very strong so you have to be super careful to not load too much on to your brush. It's got really good buildable coverage so you can start of with a tiny amount of product and layer it up to achieve your desired look. It truly is a next generation blush, the description is "This groundbreaking hybrid combines the customized lighting effects of Ambient Lighting Powder with an infusion of breathtakingly modern colors. The airy, lightweight powders deliver seamless, soft-focus color and a radiant natural finish." There is no better description for this product! After using the blusher for the past 5/6 months I now find that a lot of traditional blushers can be flat and lackluster. The Ambient Lighting Powder that is swirled in with the blush creates transformitive coverage that leaves your cheeks with a soft blur where you can really experience that candlelit glimmer. The six shades that are currently offered range from soft coral to cool pink and can only be described as "a wardrobe of captivating accent lights for cheeks" and I cannot wait to add to my collection. 
At just under £30, for a product this incredible, I thoroughly recommend and honestly think that they are well worth the investment! I picked both of my items up in Sephora in New York and they cost $35 each which roughly converts to £23 a pop (thanks Google!). If anyone has any trips to the States planned, I would definetely recomend picking up some Hourglass products over there but they are also stocked in the UK in NET-A-PORTER, SPACE.NK, Liberty London and John Lewis to name a few.

Let me know if you've tried any products from Hourglass and if there's any that you recommend! xoxo

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I need to remember to pick this up when I'm in Florida in September Chlo. Please remind me lol! Lovely post as usual xxxx P.s. told you, you're my night reading lol!

    ReplyDelete

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig