22 June 2015

Birchbox | Unboxing

I was so pleased with this months Birchbox that I decided I wanted to share a post of it with you lovely people. If you're not sure what Birchbox is you can check them out here, you sign up to a subscription to either pay monthly, for 6 months, or for a year. Each month they send you a box with 5-6 deluxe samples, sometimes you'll receive a bonus item which they refer to from the 'Lifestyle/Extra' category. Each month has its own theme and the items you received are tailored to you. When you sign up you fill out a beauty profile of yourself which allows Birchbox to personalise your box to your beauty/skin/hair care preferences. I think its such a great idea, i'm always wanting to try new products and discover new brands and this is the perfect opportunity for that. Birchbox also gives you the opportunity to earn points (from re-billing, filling out surveys on items received and sometimes they'll just give you little extra ones here and there). Each 100 rewards points can be redeemed for £10 to spend in the online store. From the store you have access to purchase full sizes of any of the samples sent out but they also stock so many other beauty, hair care, skin care items from a variety of brands.



This months box was designed alongside the ballet flat favourite  French shoe brand French Sole, we got to pick our box design a few weeks ago (that also came with a matching shoe bag) and wait in anticipation for the beautiful box to arrive!
Look at how pretty it is! I don't always keep my boxes as they end up cluttering up in a corner of my room but the beautifully designed special edition ones I always keep and reuse as storage boxes. This is definitely one to keep!
Inside each box comes a little booklet detailing all the items they have sent you including the full price for the items and a mini bio all about each product.

1. HIP | Ultra Shine Shampoo | £19

2. Cowshed | Body Lotion in Gorgeous Cow | £20

3. Cynthia Rowley Beauty | Creamy Lip Stain in Poppy | £14

4. Penhaligon's | Iris Prima | From £85

5. Premae | Mild Dermabrasion Face & Body Scrub | £25

6. STYLondon | Temporary Metallic Tattoos | £7.99

7. Birchbox x French Sole | Shoe Bag | Lifestyle Bonus

My favourite item this month was the Penhaligon's Iris Prima perfume. The smell is divine, so classic and soft but strong enough to be noticeable and lasts a satisfying amount of time on the skin. Top notes are bergamot and pink pepper; middle notes are iris and jasmine; base notes are leather, sandalwood, vetiver, amber, vanilla and benzoin. I'm definitely going to purchase a full sized bottle of this, I'm besotted with bottle design and the smell, I can't wait to have it sitting on my dressing table!

If you're not already, I really recommend subscribing to Birchbox. I've tried both Birchbox and Glossybox (Glossybox are more makeup oriented and send more drugstore items), I'm not a big fan of Glossybox, each month is very much the same stuff and I've never had any huge 'WOW' discovery. I do really like the collaborations Glossybox do, the last one was with Harvey Nichols and was amazing but overall I much prefer Birchbox and urge anyone not already subscribed to go and check them out! xoxo








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig