10 July 2015

Kevyn Aucoin | Treat Week

I'm a bit of a makeup snob, I admit it, I really can be; besides a few everyday staples the majority of my makeup is high end and that's the way I like love it. It's not that I don't try with drugstore products, I just don't really get on with them (breakouts, bad colour matching etc) and I find the higher end, the longer they lasts (think of it as an investment!).  I'm not one to shy away from a £35 foundation or a £25 lipstick but there are a few brands out there that push the budget a little bit too much and I don't seem to be able to part with my cash. Instead I'm left lusting over the websites and drooling over the counters trying to work out how far away I am to payday and if I could realllllllly splash the cash and treat myself (beans on toast for a month...no problem!).


Whenever I hear the name Kevyn Aucoin my eyes widen and my ears ping up eager to listen, this luxury makeup brand offers cult classics and holy grail products but each one comes with a price tag to match, making them not the easiest of products to add to your makeup collection. £55 for a primer, £38 for an eyeshadow pigment, £66 for a foundation brush...these aren't the kind of products that one can just pop in the basket when doing a rushed lunch break shop!

If you're anything like me then spending that kind of money on a makeup item takes a fair amount of preparation. First you spend hour after hour working out what product you're going to purchase, will it be a new foundation? a lipstick? a bronzer? a brush? I would have to pick just one at a time and slowly (very slowly) build a collection up. Once decided, I then move on to work out when I can buy it, how many weeks until payday? can I wait until then? what are my outgoings that week/month? etc. The last thing to decide is how. Am I going to order online or buy in-store? is it even something that I can buy in store? (pesky American only brands!) once all that's been worked out I can then move on to the actual purchasing of said product and bask in the glory of the new addition to my makeup collection.

That being said, sometimes you get an email notifying you of a super sale, a sale that isn't going to last long, a sale of up to 70% off, a sale to beat all other sales! When that happens you just have to throw caution to the wind and trawl through the sale items seeing what goodies and incredible discounts you can find. It's not often the luxury brands are included in these kind of sales, in fact it's so rare I can barely remember it happening before the one I found last week! The sale I am referring to is the sale at BeautyBay.com!

I was so excited to see a decent amount of Kevyn Aucoin in the sale! Disappointingly I couldn't go all out, it took a lot of will power to not, but I had to be sensible here as I needed to get a few other bits as well. Although I'm on the website again looking at the sale items thinking about doing another order........

In my first order I picked up this gorgeous eyeshadow, I know it doesn't look like much but its the perfect base colour, perfect blending colour and is great for when you go a bit overboard and need to tone it down a bit haha. It's so soft and silky, really well pigmented and has great staying power. The full price for this product is £23 and I managed to get it for £9.20!
My other purchase was this lip gloss in a delicious bronzed colour. I'm not a huge lip gloss fan normally but I have been branching out recently and I loved the colour of this so much I just thought why not! and I'm so glad I did. It's not gloopy in the slightest, it makes my lips feel really plump,  glossy and not sticky. I really love the colour and think it will look amazing with a tan! The full price for this product is £23 and I managed to get it for also £9.20!
I'll keep you posted and let you know if I cave and make another sale order! As I mentioned,  the sale is still going strong and new items are being added, check it out here.

Happy Shopping! xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig