09 August 2015

Change Is Good!

Drum roll please!!!!!!! I have something exciting to share with you (exciting for me, probably not exciting at all for you), I finally did it... I took a leap of faith and decided to cut my hair. When I say cut my hair I don't mean a trim and I don't mean that I am now bald....I did however have a little over half a foot of hair cut off!!


This is such a big deal for me because my hair has been boob/below boob length for about 6 years, if we're getting technical it measured around 22 inches before my cut. Even I didn't realise how long it was because most of the time is shoved up in a messy bun or when it is down its curled so it loses a bit of length that way. Very very rarely did I straighten it so I never really realised just how long it actually was. It had lost a lot of shape and just felt like it was weighing me down.

I'd been toying with the idea of the ever popular lob (long bob) for about 5 months now and finally I just reached a point where I wanted to change things up and have a fresh start with my hair!

I popped along to Toni & Guy in Brighton last week (who were amazing) and had the chop! I never knew just how stressful a haircut could be but luckily I had a great hairdresser and he really listened to what I wanted and didn't stray from the clear instructions I had given him. That day at work, before the chop, my friends kept giving me words of encouragement and kept pumping me up and getting me excited! I wont lie, I was really nervous. It's a big change for me and I was so scared of not liking it or it going wrong or it just not suiting me. The one piece of advise that kept playing over in my head is 'hair grows'. Even if I didn't like it, it wouldn't have been the end of the world because hair grows! I could've even opted for extensions if I disliked it that much!

Thankfully though, I love it! Its so light and healthy and bouncy and I'm so so pleased with it. I'm so glad I plucked up the courage and had the chop, I don't think I've ever been this pleased with a haircut so I really know it was the right decision.

If any of you are thinking about it, I really urge you to just go for it and make the change! It's such a universally flattering hair cut/style, I don't think I've seen anyone with it where I don't like it! It can be styled up and dressed down, texturising sprays will become your new best friend and you'll instantly feel like a weight has (quite literally) been lifted (cut away) from your shoulders!

Have some selfies of my new do début (please excuse the eye squint, the sun was shining in my eyes)! xoxo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig