30 August 2015

Sephora Haul | Part 2

Here is the second Sephora Haul from my holiday, as you can see I definitely purchased a lot more on the second trip, oops. I am so pleased with the items I managed to pick up especially the primer, I've lusted after it for so long and after testing it out and feeling the results of the product, I just knew I had to have it! I did end up spending a small fortune in New York and I think it's safe to say that I'm all stocked up at the moment when it comes to beauty products so I'm going to behave and refrain from any new purchased for a while....I wouldn't hold me to that though... I've seen some A/W collection previews and there are some super exciting things to come in the makeup world!







Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer: I knew I wanted a new primer but I just wasn't sure what one, I probably spent 20 minutes (but felt like 20 hours to poor Tom who was following me around the store) going back and forth between 3 or 4 different primers and then I decided to test the Hourglass Primer and I was blown away! It honestly feels like your blending silk on to your skin and it creates the most incredible glowy base (but glowy in the best way, not greasy at all). There are so many benefits of this primer, its oil free, humidity resistant, water proof and the list really does go on. It is on the pricier side of primers but I was hooked after testing in and knew it had to come home with me! I won't go on any more about this product becuase I'm planning on a full in depth review soon so stay tuned for that if you're interested in purchasing this!

Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme: I've never really been a fan of BB creams, they've never seemed to do much for me and when I tested this out in store I hadn't actually realised straight away that it was a BB cream. I tested it and was really impressed with the glow factor that left a demi matte finish but the glow wasn't diminished. Also the good amount of coverage it gave impressed me, I wasn't looking for anything too high coverage, I wanted something light but something that would enhance the look of my skin and that it exactly what this BB creme does. It also pairs like a dream with the Hourglass primer!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder: Travel Size in Dim Light. I really wanted another product from the Ambient range but was so torn, I just couldn't decide which product I wanted to invest in. The bronzer looks unreal but then I was worried because I'm not a huge fan of glistening bronzers and $50 is a lot to spend on one product that I may or may not get much use out of. I love all of the finishing powders but wasn't sure if I wanted to spend $45 on one just yet so instead I opted for a $22 travel sized one. All of my powder compacts are quite large and take up a lot of space in my make up bag when I'm travelling so I figured a travel sized finishing powder would be ideal for me! The product itself is gorgeous, it creates a soft blurring effect on the skin which makes you look radiant.

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder: In keeping with the smaller sized travel friendly products, the Secret Brightening Powder is a lighter than air powder that has an invisible lightening boost. I love to use this under the eye, it instantly brightens up the whole face and just gives you that beautiful wide eyed and wide awake look. Its such a perfect travel sized (but is actually a full sized product) and if the Translucent Loose Petting powder by Laura Mercier was anything to go by, I knew I would love the brightening powder.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo: in colour Chocolate. I've used the Dipbrow and I love it. I've used the Brow Wiz and I love it. I've used the Brow Gel and I love it. For some reason I hadn't ever used the Brow Powder. I guess it just didn't seem any different to the other brow powders on the market so I never really paid much attention to them. Oh how wrong I was! The powder is so soft and blendable but once set in place it doesn't budge. The staying power is amazing and the powder can be used subtly to create the most natural looking brow or it can be used with a bit more force to create a more structured look. This is definitely the best brow powder I've ever used, the two colours help to create a beautiful textured look to the brows, either can be used alone or they can be blended together. ABH have the most amazing brow products, I swear by them and definitely recommend them to anyone who is obsessed with brows!

I love all of my new beauty purchases and putting them away in their new home on my dressing table has made me feel very satisfied indeed!

I hope everyone is enjoying a lovely long bank holiday weekend! xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig