15 September 2015

Concealer Favourites | Drugstore

Concealer is such a staple for me, I use it every day, I need it everyday. If I'm having a no makeup day chances are I'll still throw on some concealer to cover up any redness and any blemishes, and to also banish those dark under eye circles! Concealer really does have the power to change how you look, Concealing the under eye instantly brightens up your whole face and then covering up any spots or blemishes helps to smooth everything out and make your skin look clear and fuss free.
When I'm doing a full face of makeup I never feel complete until the concealer goes on, I think it just helps pull the look together and make skin look as flawless as possible. I don't think you necessarily have to splash loads of cash on a concealer, my three favourites can be picked up in Superdrug/Boots/Tescos etc. I've got a few that are more expensive (MAC, NARS, Chanel) and they are great in their own way but they're all very heavy and are just a bit trickier to work with.

My three favourite concealers right now are:

The cult favourite amongst almost every person I know, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I mean, do I even need to explain why? I'm sure you've read a million reviews on this product, everyone I know raves about it all the time and with good reason! It's under £5, comes in 4 colours and is just the perfect budget concealer. Its got a great medium-high coverage, lasts all day (claims to be 16 hours) and is so easy to work with. It isn't drying, it isn't cakey, it sets so well under the eye and conceals blemishes like a dream! I've been using this for years and years and I always have a mini panic when it runs out, I can't not go out and buy a new one! I always try to make sure I have a back up in my makeup drawers; that has surely got to be a sign of a great product!

A new favourite for me is the Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer. Just like the Collection concealer, I, just like you I'm sure, had read so many reviews and seen loads of amazing YouTubers use it and I just loved the way it looked! This stuff is absolutely amazing for under eye circles, dark shadows, correcting blue tones under the eye and it even reduces the look of puffiness! I'm not a fan of using this any where else on my face but that's not a problem for me, I'll use the Collection one to correct redness and to cover up any blemishes and then I'll use this one for my under eyes. For £8 I was worried that I was going to feel like I'd wasted my money on another drugstore concealer but I'm so impressed with it, it's well worth spending the extra few pounds on!

My previous favourite under eye concealer was the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer . This is a very illuminating concealer so it does a lovely job of making you look wide awake and bright eyed when used on the under eye area, for this reason though it's not a great one for blemishes (no body wants to be drawing attention to the Mt. Vesuvius that has taken up residence on their chin by illuminating it). The unique selling point of this concealer is that it includes a vitamin moisturising complex, again another lovely factor for something you are using on your under eyes. I sometimes like to mix this together with the Maybelline concealer, I'll use the Rimmel on top for a little bit more coverage, perfect for disguising that 'Mondays are super hard and I had one too many wines last night, no I'm not sick' Tuesday morning look at work!

I'd love to know what your favourite concealers are, I'm always in the market for testing new products! xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig