21 October 2015

L'Oréal Makeup | Mini Haul & Review

I recently picked up a few L'Oréal Makeup bits from Boots, I was in need of a new primer and as much as I love my Smashbox and Hourglass primers, I just didn't want to be using them every day as both are pretty expensive! I always like to have drug-store alternatives of my favourite or most used beauty items and I'll tend to wear the drug-store versions most days to work and then my high end makeup will come out to play on the weekends or for special events (or sometimes when I'm just in the mood!). I was browsing in Boots and the new Infallible range definitely peaked my interest. Marketed towards those of us with more oily skin, claims of being sweat proof, humidity proof and waterproof I was definitely intrigued!

I suffer with an oily t-zone and tend to blot and powder a few times throughout the day, I've invested in more expensive products that really help tackle the shine and are such amazing products but these items come with a pretty high price tag. I was on the hunt for some drugstore alternatives that I could use every day. I work Monday-Friday and us girls in the office are so close that most of the time we don't bother with make up, or at least not a full face, so I don't really see the point or feel the need to use my higher end more expensive items every day as I would just end up running out all the time and that would make me sad!

My Smashbox primer, that I've been using most days, is coming to it's end and I'll probably repurchase it at some point but I wanted to see if I could find a drugstore alternative. The Infallible range by L'Oréal seemed to be just what I was looking for and they now have a primer which made me super happy! It's 30ml which I'm really impressed with and it was only £7.99. It's mattifying so exactly what I was looking for, I tested it in store and it left a velvety even finish, not clumpy or runny, and for the price and the size I had to have it! I've tested it for about a week now and I really love it, it does a great job and I'm so pleased to have found a perfect drugstore matte primer!


With L'Oréal makeup being on a 3 for 2 I decided to pick up a new powder, again I was running low on my usual so it was perfect timing, I went for the Infallible range again. The powder claims to leave a matte finish on the face for a whopping 24 hours! Sceptical doesn't even to begin to describe how I felt about this claim but the colour matched, it wasn't too thick or too light and it felt so soft and smooth so I decided there was no harm in trying it out. At £5.99 I thought this was a real bargain for a powder compact! I'm actually so pleased I purchased this powder, it has now taken top place in my drugstore powders, now it might not last 24 hours but I don't think I'll ever be in a position of testing that one out, my makeup comes off as soon as I get home at the end of the day! It does however last a good 6-7 hours before I end up topping up and even then it's ever so slightly in my t-zone area, I'm sure it's not really noticeable to others but because it's an insecurity of mine I always notice straight away! I'm really impressed at how little shine comes through when wearing both the primer and powder. 5 stars for both products, perfect if you suffer with oily skin too!


I struggled to pick a third item, my initial thought was foundation but I seem to have accumulated quite a few new bottles recently so I decided against another one this time round. Instead I went for a lipstick from the exclusive collection, these are a really lovely concept with them being categorised in to nudes, pinks and reds. Each colour category has a lipstick inspired by one of the beautiful L'Oréal spokesmodels, Blake, Naomi, Eva, Helen and Liya. All colours are gorgeous, creamy and super pigmented! My colour pick was Blake's Pink. I love it, it's a lot brighter than the name might suggest, 'Delicate Rose', I envisioned a soft muted dusty rose colour but oh no! This is a really striking vibrant pink, not really in keeping with the normal Autumn/Winter shades but it's too pretty to not be shown off! It has impressive lasting power, strong pigmentation, sleek packaging, and at £6.99 a great drugstore lipstick. I for one will be picking up more from the range!


I must say that out of all the drugstore makeup that I've used over the years, L'Oréal still remains to be one of my favourites. I'm really impressed with the three new items I picked up and I'm already deciding on what's next on my shopping list! I definitely want to try the Infallible foundation but I might save that one for next month. Let me know if you've tried anything from the Infallible range or any of the Collection Exclusive lipsticks :) xoxo






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig