07 October 2015

Beauty Rush


We all have the mornings where we've pressed snooze one too many times and we've sacrificed the nice hearty home-made breakfast for a banana or granola bar whilst walking out the front door. Being in a rush sucks, especially on a week day morning when you've got to get to work/school/college on time. You always feel like you've forgotten something (half the time you definitely have), you've barely managed to rake a brush through your knotted hair and you've probably got a tooth past stain on your nice black top. It's at this point that you question whether it was really worth the extra 20 minutes in bed...despite the answer to that, you know you'll be here in the same position again at least twice again this week!

I will hold my hands up and say that I am a snooze button addict, I just can't help it, I wake up and I'm so cosy and snuggled in my duvet, in that moment all I want is an extra 5/10/15/20 minutes sleep. I know that this means I have to make some sacrifices, I know I won't have time to style my hair and I will have to resort to shoving it up in a bun and I know that I won't have the time for a full face of make up.

For the times where I find myself in a rush but I still need to look presentable for the day despite only having 10-15 minutes to put my make up on (or I have to get ready in the car or on the bus or the train) I have my top 10 go to make up products that work perfectly when I need to get ready quickly (and I mean ASAP). Sometimes I'll even use this combination of products when I just want a fuss free look, it's simple and clean and creates a natural and pretty 'no makeup' makeup look.
  1. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. No matter how much of a rush I'm in I always have to prime, it gets rid of (and prevents throughout the day) any oiliness, it blurs imperfections and covers redness. Any oil free/matte primer is best when in a rush as this step alone can give a flawless look to the skin, dewy/glowy primers can end up looking a bit slimy and shiny if the right foundation isn't used on top so I'll always ops for a oil free or matte primer when I'm in a rush.
  2. MAC Select Cover Up Concealer. I use this concealer instead of a foundation, I dot it around my face (more so in any problem areas that I want more coverage on) and just blend it in. This concealer to me is halfway to being a foundation, it's quite thick so a little goes a long way but it covers and concealers so well. Any concealer on the heavier side would work well, just make sure you don't end up covering blemishes and spots with a shimmery highlighting concealer! 
  3. Yves Saint Laurent Touché Éclat. I apply this in a V shape under my eyes to brighten and then dot around the face where I would normally highlight and just pat it in to blend with my fingers. Any highlighting concealer would work just as well in these areas, I find it really helps to give a gorgeous bright look to the skin.
  4. Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder. To set it all I'll swish a big fluffy powder brush around in this compact and then swirl it on to my face, this adds that little extra coverage but also a really lovely healthy glow. It's slightly coloured so helps to build definition on the face. Any face powder can be used, this is just my favourite one as it has the perfect mix of pigmentation and coverage.
  5. MAC Matte Bronzing Powder. To bronze up and add colour to my face I will apply this to my cheek bones (contour lines), temples and forehead, around the jaw line and light dusting on the sides of my nose and under my lower lip. Matte bronzers are my preference here, I'm always worried that I'll be in a rush with a shimmery bronzer and will accidentally over do it and not have the time to correct it! I'd just end up looking like I had an arts and crafts accident with some glitter. To me, matte is the safer option but I do also prefer the overall outcome with a matte bronzer. 
  6. Anastasia Brow Wiz in Chocolate. This is perfect for creating natural looking brows, filling in sparse areas and creating additional volume. Adding tiny brush strokes where needed I can use this to easily fill in my brows, and the spooly on the end is perfect for brushing the brows in to place but also for blending the product in to create a softer look. I personally haven't found any eyebrow pens that are as good as the Brow Wiz. I think they're a really unique product and are perfect at creating tiny little hair strokes for a really natural brow, or if you prefer a stronger brow this is perfect for filling in sparse areas and building them up. 
  7. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Stag. I'll run this along the top lash line and gently flick it out at the corners, if I have time I'll go back over creating a thicker line to then blend out with my finger. Again if I have the time I will also tight line but that is not recommended whilst in a moving vehicle! I love this eye pencil, the colours are so pretty and once its on it is on! You don't need to worry about smudging or fading with these pencils.
  8. Dior Addict IT-Lash. Apply a few coats of mascara to the top and bottom lashes for instant definition, length and volume, if I have a few extra minutes then I can spend a bit longer here building up the lashes. IT Lash is perfect for when you want to control how much mascara you put on, a few coats gives a perfect natural layer but then you can keep applying for a more voluminous look (and it doesn't get clumpy)!
  9. Carmex Lip Balm. I always pop a bit of this on to hydrate my lips, it lives in my handbag so I can top up throughout the day.
  10. MAC Brave Lipstick. My go to lipstick right now! It's the perfect pink/mauve nude shade, I think it's so flattering on everyone, I've seen it on so many people and think it suits all skin tones and hair colourings etc. MAC have such creamy lipsticks that just last all day without drying. I love them!
Now specifically these are just the products that work best for me, everyone will have their own preferences but these are the products I would personally recommend because to me they work the best in creating an effortless look in less than 15 minutes. Perfect for when you're in a rush or on the go!

Let me know if you have any recommendations for easy, get ready quickly, products! xoxo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I desperately need to get my hands on the anastasia brow wiz and MAC's brave lipstick, even more so now after reading this haha! x

    thesundaychapter.com

    ReplyDelete

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig