08 November 2015

October Beauty Favourites


I've put together a breakdown of my most favourite beauty items from the past month. For me October was a month of dark lips, bronzed smokey eyes and a bright base. I moved house towards the end of the month which was very busy and stressful, cue big dark under eye bags! Luckily I had some saving grace products to help cover up any tell tell signs of the late nights unpacking and early morning commutes to work!


Face/Base

  • Yves Saint Laurent Fusion Ink Foundation- Light as a feather, silky soft satin finish, lasts all day and leaves your skin looking healthy and bright. Covers any imperfections and is easy to build up for more heavy coverage. 
  • Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base- Pearlescent base that creates a lit from within glow for the whole day. Can be doubled up as a liquid highlighter on top of foundation, the perfect product to brighten skin with a soft pretty glow. 
  • Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder- The perfect product for disguising any sort of under eye shadows/bags. Regardless of how dark or prominent your under eye bags are, this little powder works wonders at covering them up. Applied on top of concealer, all traces of your late nights/early mornings vanish!
  • L'Oreal Infallible Matte Primer- I won't bore you with repeating everything I've already said about these L'Oreal products- you can read my full review on how amazing I think these both are over on this post.
  • L'Oreal Infallible Matte Powder- Read here for my full review on how amazing I think this L'Oreal range is.

Eyes

  • Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics-The perfect matte neutral shades for every day wear. They work perfectly alone but can be teamed up and used together for more depth. UD produce some of the best eyeshadows, they last all day and the pigmentation is ideal.
  • Laura Mercier Colour To Go Palette- These 4 shadows from the colour to go palette are beautiful for creating a bronzed smokey eye. This is the look I've been recreating most days for work, so quick and easy especially when I've been putting my makeup on during my train commute! I've had this palette for a while now but it's only recently become a staple in my every day makeup bag as it's perfect for travelling.

Lips




  • Topshop in Beguiled- Lovely deep red berry colour. Described as satin matte, so a little matte and a little glossy. Perfect for using sparingly for a light colour or applied a few times to achieve the bold dark colour to match the bullet. 
  • MAC in Mehr- My new favourite every day nude. Described my MAC as a dirty blue pink, this Matte lipstick is the perfect nude, so easy to wear and as a bonus, lips appear fuller and more defined when wearing this lipstick.
  • Burberry Kisses in Oxblood- My favourite indulgent lipstick splurge recently, a gorgeous classic vampy wine colour. To me this is the perfect Winter lipstick, although it is quite glossy so you do need to be careful, wind + hair flying about = recipe for glossy splodges!
  • Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum. My favourite lipscrub, smells divine and works wonders at removing any dead skin on the lips to leave them soft and smelling sweet!
I hope you've enjoyed having a read of my October beauty favourites xoxo



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig