01 February 2016

5 Steps To A Happier You

I've decided that this year is going to be an awesome year and I'm going to do my absolute best to just have fun, enjoy each day and make life long memories. I always think that by writing down your promises to yourself you're more likely to stick to them, or at least you'll have something solid that you can read back over if you're ever feeling a bit low or struggling and needing some positive affirmations. Now I'm not saying that I'm going to be able to stick to my 5 steps religiously but I really do want to make a strong effort to stick to them as best as I can. When you think about what they entail, they aren't that difficult to apply to your life, I think we all just get stuck in a rut in our daily routine and we need to make the effort to shake things up a bit to put a more positive spin on our days. These are my 5 steps that I'm going to take to make myself a happier person, this is going to be a great year for all of us I hope!

Make More Me Time 

Do you ever get the end of the week (or even the middle of the week) and feel like you haven't had a second to yourself? Well I know that feeling all too well and if you let that happen too often it can be really overwhelming and you feel all out of sorts. I try to not let it get to that point, I always take some time out of my week for just me. Whether it's a pamper sesh, a netflixs binge, baking, going to the gym, shopping (online in my PJ,s with a herbal tea), I always try to schedule it in to bring some sanity to my week. Everyone's busy and sometimes your days just feel never ending and ultimately that will only ever get you down and make you feel stressed out and sad. Even something as simple as a bath and a book read can make you feel super relaxed! Make a vow to yourself right now that you are going to make time for yourself this year. You deserve it! 
Declutter

Another cause of stress in my life, and I'm sure most of yours, is clutter! Clothes, shoes, products. It can all just clutter up and make you feel messy. Having a clean out of your clothes/shoes/products etc can be so cathartic. You'll find stuff you forgot you even owned and you'll also end up with a big pile of stuff to donate to charity (and stuff to give to friends! Awesome result if you are said friend). You end up making space for new stuff (obviously the space isn't going to last!) and you've also done a good deed in donating to charity. All the while you de cluttered and organised your bits and bobs! Don't just look at that ever growing pile of clothes (or whatever it is that you're letting clutter up) every day, set an hour aside (or more depending on how much of a hoarder you are!) and just bosh your way through it and have a good de clutter! You'll be amazed at how good you'll feel after.
Make A Change

Sometimes in life you'll reach a point with certain things where you realise that this thing is actually making you unhappy. So many of us are guilty for just sticking with it and not doing anything about it and that has got to change! You are the only person who has the ability to change your situation and change how you feel about something, don't live your life doing something that makes you unhappy, we all deserve all the happiness in the world! This could be about anything, a friendship, a relationship, a job, a house, an attitude, absolutely anything. If something is getting you down then don't just put up with it, work out what can be done and do it! Even if it means sharing your problems with someone else, the age old saying 'a problem shared is a problem halved' is so true. It's really weight lifting to share a problem with someone, that someone is bound to offer at least some advice and emotional support which could end up helping you so much. Don't be afraid to speak up, be happy in life, don't look back in years to come and regret not making a change about something! 

Sleep More 

Ahh that beautiful thing we always want more of! I don't know about you but I struggle continuously to get my 8 hours in, most nights I get about 6-7 and quite frankly it just doesn't cut it! I always want to get to bed earlier but I'm distracted easily and end up faffing about at bed time, mostly on my phone, but also with skin care or playing with the cat, or the latest episode of Pretty Little Liars(!). It's naughty and I really do need to be more strict with myself as I know I'll feel so much better and look so much better, bye bye eye bags, in the morning if I get at least an 8 hour sleep. Whether you work all day or are at college/school or whatever it is that takes up your time in the day, it's so important that we try to get a good amount of sleep each night so we feel fresh and recharged for the busy day ahead. Your body just doesn't function properly when it's suffering from lack of sleep!

Save Up 

There's always going to be something in your life that you picture as a fantasy, whether it's that incredible holiday, the investment bag, the Louboutin shoes, the puppy you've wanted since you were 6 or the house of your dreams. It's so common to always think of those dreams as being unobtainable but in actual fact they really aren't! It just takes dedication and sure it might take some time but you'll be so proud of yourself and you'll finally be able to tick something off your bucket list! It was my dream, since the age of 8, to go to New York and shop on 5th avenue and see Christmas decorations in Times Square but to also have a picnic in Central Park. These were things I never thought I'd be able to do, at least not until I was much much older. Tom and I started saving at the beginning of 2014 and we were able to spend just under two weeks in New York and actually be there over Christmas. It was so magical and truly something I will remember for the rest of my life. We loved it so much that as soon as we got back we started saving up again and saved double the amount and ended up going for the same amount of time but this time in August! The heat was mental but I got to have my picnic and also row a boat on the lake amongst making so many other amazing memories. Sure both holidays were quite expensive but by saving up for the best part of a year we managed to do it and it didn't really impact us financially. You might not have a dream holiday but whatever it may be, your dream or something on your bucket list, you should just absolutely go for it! If it takes months of saving up, so what! It'll all be worth it in the end. Do something for you! Obviously if it's a dream house then that may take a lot longer and require much more money but my point is to never sell yourself short. There's no reason why you don't deserve the best of the best! 
I'm going to do my absolute best to stick to these steps and try and make this the best year yet. I guess you could say that these are my New Years resolutions but to me they're a bit more than that. I want to create my own happiness and not rely on other people to do so, if I want to be a happy positive person and do the things that make me happy well I'm just going to go and do that! And I think you should all do it too! And on that note, I'm off for a bath and I'm going to fill it with Lush products and probably eat a cookie in the tub! Hey, if it makes me happy then it can't be that bad ;) 


Love, Chloe xo




SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Nice hat :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig