27 February 2016

Flawless Face | Hourglass & Charlotte Tilbury

I would like to introduce to you my all-time favourite primer and my absolute favourite full coverage foundation! These two combined make such a perfect base for your make-up. It's honestly like skin Photoshop in two bottles, combined they create a flawless base that lasts all day with no transferring, no creasing and absolutely no wear or tear.


With both being heavy duty products, they aren't my choice for everyday wear but they are my perfect duo when full, long lasting, flawless coverage is required, such as for an evening out, a long day, a special occasion etc. The primer is also perfect for when you go abroad as it has SPF 15 and it’s also humidity proof as it is water resistant, perfect for hot, sweaty days on holiday (or rainy days wherever you may be)! The foundation is made up of a ‘hyper-intelligent’ formula that gives full coverage yet feels weightless. It conceals any imperfections such a discolouration or acne and last all day with absolutely no wear or tear, paired together with the primer from Hourglass, you will have perfect looking skin all day.

I always get the most comments on how lovely my skin and makeup base look when I’m wearing this duo and I honestly couldn't recommend either product more. The primer is definitely a splurge but it’s also an investment, I purchased this in August in New York when my regular Smashbox primer just wasn't cutting it in the heat, the Hourglass primer sounded like exactly what I needed and worked perfectly underneath a tinted moisturiser but I also wore it alone some days. It is a pricey product but the bottle I purchased (30ml) is still going strong and I would say I’ve roughly used a quarter of the bottle. I wore this frequently throughout summer and then onwards I reserved it for use on special occasions or when my skin needed a big boost. The foundation is something I picked up pretty swiftly after the release and I was so impressed straight away with the results. It creates the perfect canvas for the rest of your makeup and keeps your skin looking flawless and healthy (not matte, not dewy, more satin skin finish).

I don’t think I could ever be without these two, I'm going to purchase a darker shade in the foundation for when summer comes but also in case I fancy whacking out the tan any time soon, the primer will most definitely be a forever staple in my makeup bag, it is without a doubt the best primer I have ever used. Considering how full the coverage of the foundation is, it’s scary how lightweight it feels. Both absolutely wonderful products in my opinion and I strongly recommend both!

I’d love to know if you've tried either product and what your thoughts are!

Love, Chloe xo


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig