23 March 2016

Smith & Cult | Spring Time Lip Gloss


Well how about that, it’s officially Spring! Although the weather would have you believe otherwise, I'm not letting it dampen my spirits! I am so ready for all the exciting additions that come with Spring, the (praying for) warmer weather, the brighter makeup, the change in fashion, no more boots + coats + a million layers just for stepping outside the house for ten minutes, afternoon drinks outside, and being one step closer to Summer! Focussing on the Spring makeup today, There's one product that is going to be taking centre stage in my makeup bag for the warmer season and I'm so excited to share it with you and tell you all about it!

Today I want to share with you my new Spring time go to lip product, it’s not often that a lipgloss gets my personal stamp of approval, I'm very hit and miss with a glossy product (mostly miss, not very often a hit). However this product from the new (ish) to the scene brand, Smith & Cult, in the colour The Queen is Dead has become my go to Spring time lip product. The colour is such an uplifting fuchsia toned berry shade and because it's a gloss the colour applies more sheer than it appears in the bottle, creating a perfect Spring time look. I don’t find the texture overly sticky, it sinks in quickly and nicely and ends up feeling more like a balm product than a gloss (think Elizabeth Ardens 8 hour cream on the lips). It's very easy to wear and lasts a decent amount of time before needing a top up. It's not the most pigmented gloss I've ever used, which doesn't bother me but I know that could bother some people. I find that because it is a more sheer product it leaves a stain on the lips with a gorgeous dewy gloss on top instead of being strongly pigmented as well as glossy. You can definitely see the colour on the lips but it’s just not as strong or bold as you might think from looking at the bottle. For me though that’s something I really like about this product; I think it’s quite difficult to pull off a completely opaque lipgloss, I for one end up looking like a gloopy mess (not a strong look at all) so I always prefer a more sheer gloss which is why I really am loving the products from Smith & Cult.
Smith & Cult are relatively new to the beauty scene, starting out with a nail polish range that were housed in the cutest of bottles, every beauty fanatic out there wanted to plant one (or five) firmly on their dressing table to show them off. Not to mention the colour ranges were so exactly the kind of colours that everyone wanted, and the formula was brilliant too, so overall a complete winner in nail polish terms. Then came the lipglosses, and judging on how positively reviewed the nail polishes were, it was no surprise that the Lip Gloss range was anything less than brilliant. 

I'm looking forward to adding the colours Fade The SunLife in Photographs and Flesh Riot to my makeup collection. All of which will make for a more subtle spring or summer time look! 

Love, Chloe


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig