29 March 2016

Super Clean Skin On A Budget | LA ROCHE-POSAY | Review

When it comes to skin care I am not one to shy away from the more expensive products, over the years I've ended up wasting so much money on trying all differnt kinds of drugstore products that just never worked well for me. I have very sensitive skin, prone to an oily t-zone, dry cheeks and I suffer with mild rosacea, so all in all, I've never found a skin care product that works well for me that is below £20-£30. When I received these two intriguing products from La Roche-Posay to sample I was rather excited but a little sceptical. After using both of these products for a good 4 weeks now,  I must say that I'm very impressed!

 La Roche-Posay are a great affordable skin care brand with a huge variety of products that all target different problems and offer to achieve different results. The cleanser I sampled is specifically designed for oily, sensitive skin, and the serum is designed for congested, spot prone skin. I really liked using both products and can honestly say that I would and most probably will purchase full sizes of both of them. I've found that a lot of drugstore skin care brands don't really match up to what they claim to be able to do, which is always a bit of a let down. With my skin type/condition, I've never managed to find a drugstore skin care brand that works for me, and believe me I've tried a fair few! La Roche-Posay are a slighter more expensive drugstore brand but they only have a few products that are ove £20, everything else is under £20 with some products under £5 so there really should be something for everyone!

The first product I recieved was the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel* which you can find on Feel Unique for only £7.65 at the moment, full price is £11.50.

The second product I recieved was the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ Anti-Blemish Cream* which you can find on Feel Unique for £10.30 at the moment, full price is £15.50

First of all I will say that neither smell too great, they smell quite clinical, a bit medicinal but at least that means that there aren't any perfumed artificial scents in there. The cleanser really really stings if it gets in or just too near your eyes so be careful! I tried the cleanser first as that’s always the first part of my skin care routine, it foams up quickly and easily in to a satisfying froth all over the face but don't make the same mistake I did and use too much product as that is how the foam ends up in the eyes! ouch! A little of this product really does go a long way, I recommend using only a ten pence piece size amount. I rub the gel cleanser on to my face in circular motions with my hands, adding water as I go and then run my Magnitone brush under the tap and work that around my face and then I rinse off with a muslin cloth and warm water. I have also used this cleanser without using my Magnitone brush and I still loved the prodcut, you just can't get a super deep cleanse the same way you can with an electronic facial brush! The product cleanses really well, it removed all traces of leftover makeup and just general grime. As it is a product aimed for oily skin I did feel a bit ‘stripped’ afterwards with that tight face feeling but luckily this didn't last for too long. 

Moving on with my usual skin care routine I used a toner and then an eye serum and then I applied the La Roche-Posay anti blemish cream to my blemished areas. It stung a little on first impact, like getting nail polish remover in a cut on your finger, so I left it to sink in for a roughly 3 minutes and then applied my usual night serum on top. Did I notice a difference the next morning after using both of these products? Yes I actually did! My blemishes had reduced and my skin had a lovely matte appearance to it and I found that it took a heck of a lot longer the following day for my T-Zone to get oily. When I noticed a little breakout of blemishes appearing a week or so ago I used the Anti Blemish Cream on the area straight away, twice a day, and within two days the blemishes had completely cleared up! Very impressive indeed. It's not a product that needs to be used every day, unless of course you're struggling with a lot of blemishes, but I think if it’s that time of the month, or if I have particularly blemished skin for some reason then I'm definitely going to be using this as an extra step in my skin care routine. 

The La Roche-Posay Cleanser is something that I now use once a day, I use it for my morning cleanse to ensure my skin stays matte and (mostly) oil free for the majority of the day and I can honestly say that it works wonders! It can feel a little harsh on the skin if you're having a particularly sensitive skin day but you do get familiar to the feeling and it only lasts until you rinse your face. I've found the use of oils and serums to be perfect for restoring any dry areas that appear after using the cleanser and I think this product is going to be an absolute staple in the summer months when my skin gets naturally more oily with heat!

Overall I'm so pleased with both products and so suprised at how well they both work! For under £30 for both of these products, they are great staples to your skin care routine if you suffer with oily or blemish prone sensitive skin.

Love, Chloe xo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig