16 May 2016

My Latest Wish List | Tom Ford, OUAI, Mulberry & More

Happy Tuesday to you all! I've been off the radar recently thanks to a horrendous ear and throat infection that had me bed/sofa ridden! It wasn't pretty, it wasn't fun, it wasn't relaxing and I honestly felt like I was on pilot mode for the week. Or like I was someones Sim and they just forgot to nurture me and left me to wallow in self pity! Anwyay putting the violins aside, I'm feeling much better now! I've still got a nasty cough and my ear feels funny when I lie down but overall I'm starting to feel much more human! Today I wanted to touch base with you guys and let you know about some awesome products that I've been browsing online. When you're on the sofa with your cat all day and have played catch up with all your favourite TV shows and read tonnes of magazines, all you can really do next is browse online!
It was a great distraction and a few purchases may have happened...ooops.....but hey what else are you supposed to do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling like a bag of poo! I've collated my top 5 and wanted to share them with you and let you know what I'm excited about and what has now made it on to my wish list!

#1
When Charlotte Tilbury graces us with a new release you can guarentee that I'm fully aware and stalking the website (im)patiently waiting for the product to become avaialable! This was the exact way it played out with the release of her brand new Legendary Lashes Mascara, not only released on its own but also with two very covetable kits which include eyelash curlers and either a khol or liquid eyeliner! The kits are The False Lash Look or The Wing Lash Look, I picked up The Wing Lash Look, I just couldn't resist and I cannot wait for the delivery to arrive! The press pictures of the model wearing the mascara seriously impressed me,

#2
 #3
Tom Ford have released one of the most gorgeous summer makeup collections that I have ever seen, if money wasn't an issue I would've ordered every item in every colour and cherished them all like fragile little china tea cups. However reality is that this is a seriously pricey range and I wouldn't purchase any of it without investigating the products in person and testing them out. The contour compact is probably aimed to be the piste de resistance of the collection but honestly for me its a toss up between the new fragrance Solei Blanc Eau De Parfum and the Ultra Rich Lip Colour Temptation Waits. The fragrance just smells like hazy summer evenings, walking along a secluded beach feeling the sand between your toes, basically luxury summer in a bottle. The lipstick looks like it's the perfect mauve chestnut shade but mixed in with amber shimmer particles, all I can picture is wearing this with minimal makeup but just being super bronzed, and obviously relaxing at dinner with a glass of wine on a summer holiday!

#4
I won't lie to you, the first thing that caught my attention with the next product was the packaging, the gorgeous shiny copper compacts from the Bobbi Brown Sunkissed range are just too pretty. Instantly I investigated the products and the eyeshadows are stunning, you get 4 pans in a compact and the colours can be worn all together to create a summer ready look, but I also think a few can be worn alone and would look just as beautiful, just more understated! I picked up the Sunkissed Nude Palette, I fell in love with the colours, I mean come on, look at those sparkly ones!! I've just booked my usual summer holiday to Cannes and I couldn't think of a better location to debut these eyeshadows with a glowing tan! Now that I've had a play with the colours* and seen them in person I am more in love and really really want to buy the other two as well, the only thing holding me back is that the darkest shade is so so similar in the Sunkissed Gold and Sunkissed Nude pallete. For £36 a palette, I'd prefer a bit more variety with the darkest shade, but hey that's just my opinion! (*expect a review soon).
#5

It takes a lot for me to try out new hair care products, I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to looking after my hair and I really don't like to load up on lots of different prodcuts/brands, I like to stick with the products I know that work for me. My go to brand is Oribe, they honestly produce the best Shampoo, Conditioner, Styling Products and Oils that I have ever used. However when celebrity stylist Jen Atkin released her hair product range OUAI I was straight away intrigued. The woman who makes the Kardahsians hair, amongst other celebrities, look so gorgeous and well kept must know a thing or two about what makes a fantastic product! I'm serioulsy wanting to purchse these treatment masks and think they are going to be my pay day treat at the end of the month! I've recently starting going lighter with my hair and obviously any colouring is damaging but with the amazing work of Olaplex my hair has stayed in such good condition, and that is the way I want it to stay! The one thing I'm lacking in my life are hair treatments and the OUAI Treatment Masques promise to repair damage in minutes and leave hair soft and smooth, as well as sealing the cuticle to protect hair from future damage!
#6
Now on to non beauty related items on my wish list, this Chloe Faye Suede & Leather Satchel Bag is literally haunting my dreams. I can't stop thinking about it. I'm on the hunt for the dream summer bag and even though this beauty from Chloe is way way way at the top of the budget, I can't get it out of my head. It's not the most appropriate colour choice, despite how gorgeous, my fear of marks or dirt would just be out of control. I just might have to make time one day after work to go to Selfridges and try on the bag and have a good feel of it, and also check that all my usual handbag junk fits in! I'll keep you posted ;)

#7 
The other bag that has recently caught my attention is the new design of the classic Mulberry Bayswater. The new creative director, Johnny Coca, has taken the iconic style and refined some of the key features and has revealed, in my opion, a gorgeous upgraded and updated version of the classic Bayswater. The bag has become more structered and more sturdy, it's practical, it's super cute and it still embodies the traditional DNA of Mulberry. I'm loving the smaller design as it comes with a lovely long strap to allow you to wear the bag across your body, over your shoulder or carry it by the handle. It's not as pricey as the Chloe bag but it is still a lot of money to splash out. I think this will be one of those things I ponder about for a while. I really want to invest in a light coloured summer bag, I just can't decide on what bag!

I cant wait to put together a little shopping haul for you to show you my first impressions of the prodcuts I purchased. I'm still waiting on the Charlotte Tilbury stuff to arrive (the courier that's used isjust awful) but as soon as I have everything I'll get a post up ASAP!

Have a lovely week.

Love, Chloe xo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig