01 June 2016

May Favourites | Beauty | Skin Care | Lifestyle


Don't you always find yourself thinking when it gets to the last day in the month "hasn't this month gone quickly!" it happens to me every month without fail. Time just seems to shoot by as you get older, it’s crazy to think we’re nearly half way through the year already! As I was thinking to myself yesterday that I can’t believe its about to be June, I was brainstorming some blog post ideas and I realised how long it’s been since I've done a favourites post! I love reading other peoples favourites and I love writing them so I don’t know why I don’t do them every month! It was so easy picking my favourites for the month of May and they’re a little bit varied which is nice! I hope you enjoy reading what I've been loving for the past month.

First up, the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil, I'm sure this comes as no surprise if you've read my in depth review of this wondrous product. I won’t rave on too much about it now but you can read my full post on it here if you fancy. In short, this is one of the most amazing skin care items I've ever used and I love it!
The next is another skin care item, the Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask. I only have a travel sized version of this product but it is amazing I'm definitely going to be purchasing the full size asap! This little clay wonder has blown me away, it has stopped spots and blemishes in their tracks and gotten rid of them within 15 minutes and it leaves me with the softest skin imaginable! It’s a clay like cream that you apply all over your face and then leave it to settle for 10 mins but I always leave it on for longer, mostly because I lose track of time but also the logic in my head is that the longer its on the better the results…. probably not true at all but hey that’s just my brain! When I get a blemish or a spot takes up residence somewhere on my face I instantly use the Goddess Skin Clay Mask and once it’s all rinsed off the spot or blemish has vanished too!
The first of my two makeup favourites is the Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes, the latest product release from the wonderful Charlotte Tilbury is amazing. You get instant results on the first application (unheard of!) and then with each coat your lashes just build and build and look amazing. I wore it when I went for lunch with my mum last week and the first thing she said to me was ‘what mascara are you wearing your eyelashes look amazing!’ it’s got my mums seal of approval so I know this is a product here to stay!

Next Beauty fav is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer, I love my ABH Brow Wiz but found the pencil to be too thin for when I'm in a hurry and don’t have the time to be precise and patient with my brows! I purchased the Brow Definer as it’s a triangular shape and part of it is much thicker than the brow wiz which allows faster, broader application but the point of the triangle is perfect for adding in the fine strokes. I just find this much easier for filling in the sparser areas and love that different parts of the pencil deliver different results.

I have two lifestyle favourites for you now, first up are the Naked Juice Smoothies. These are delicious and have a pound of fruit in every bottle! I know I know, the better option would be to make my own smoothie at home but seriously who has time for that?! Who has a pound of fruit lying around at any given time in order to make a smoothie when the mood hits! I certainly don’t so the Naked Juice Smoothies are a great alternative, plus they come in delicious different flavours!


The next favourite has come as a bit of surprise to myself, it’s the Gym! I've had a gym membership since December but because you can’t walk to the gym that’s in my area I found that myself and my boyfriend were only going on the weekends and squeezing in the odd evening workout when we had time. I discovered last month that there’s the same branch of gym just down the road from the office I work in so I made a few changes to my membership and the next morning went to work an hour early and had a workout! I love working out first thing in the morning before work, I just feel like I've had a really positive start to the day. I've now been going at least three times in the week and then once or twice over the weekend, I'm feeling great and I'm actually really enjoying it! I never thought the gym would be something I look forward to but I genuinely do! You get a very rewarding feeling when you've done an 8 mile bike ride before 8:30am on a Monday morning!

Happy 1st of June everyone and I hope you're having a lovely week.

Love, Chloe xo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That clay mask sounds divine! I wonder if I can get that over here in the US.

    xo, Angela
    angelamarieparr.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am literally OBSESSED with those Naked drinks! Great post.

    http://meganemilybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig