29 June 2016

My Sheet Mask Saviours | StarSkin | 111Skin | WOW


I've always preferred sheet masks instead of your normal liquidy self applying masks, sheet masks are so much less messy and so easy to use. Once you're done with it you just peel it off and pop it in the bin. No need to faf about with cleaning a hardened liquid type consistency off your face! They feel like a much more luxurious treat as well. I find sheet masks are generally more expensive than most face masks but I also always find the results are 99% better! When it comes to decongesting skin and getting rid of blemishes then a cream face mask that I apply myself is always my first choice, I haven't ever found a sheet mask that works as well at decongesting like the Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask or the Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask. When it comes to needing hydration and radiance, then a sheet mask is my go to pick. Three in particular have stood out over the years as my favourites that I always repurchase. Each offer similar results but are all different in their own way, and one of them even produces amazing results that lasts for 7 days after use!

So first up is the most affordable of my three favourites, at £8.50 per mask is the StarSkin Close Up Sheet Mask. I first found out about the brand through a Glossybox I received many moons ago, I loved the cooling feel and my skin was so soft after use, I read up on the brand and the products and purchased a few different masks online.StarSkin offer exfoliating masks, detox masks, calming masks, hand masks and much more, but my favourite has got to be the Close Up Firming Bio-Cellulose Second Skin Facial mask. I use this one when I need something refreshing, smoothing and uplifting, my skin always looks smoother and more plump after using this mask, it’s a great all-rounder when you just need a bit of a lift to your face. Be warned however, this mask is very very wet and slippery, I find it’s best to use when I’m in the bath and can lie my head back on the edge and not worry about moving too much! This mask always improves the appearance of my skin, it lightly firms, lifts and leaves a subtle glow. I use this mask more frequently and find that it helps improve the overall look of my skin, it’s not great if you’re in serious need of a skin overhaul, but if you just need a little help and a glow, this is perfect. Also the leftover serum in the sachet is perfect to be applied to the décolleté!

 Next up is the most expensive of the three, the 111SKIN Bio Cellulose Masks. They come in packs of 5-6 (depending on where you look) for £85 (ouch!) or £20 for one. However, the benefits from these masks are just incredible, I only use them for special occasions or as pre-holiday prep/ post-holiday pamper. The advanced gel structure of the Bio Cellulose Mask, in combination with potent ingredients, works in a powerful synergy to brighten, firm and optimise moisture levels. These masks utilise the most advanced mask technology on the market to deliver beneficial nutrients into the dermis. Once the mask is on, it adheres to your face like a second skin, there’s only a few minutes of the wet slippery feel! The gel like structure of the mask instantly cools and supposedly regulates body temperature. Since the fibres of the masks are 500x finer than tissue masks, the bio cellulose instantly locks moisture into your skin and enables a deeper penetration of three key ingredients that that they have added. These masks contain Arbutin to brighten and even out skin tone, Silk Amino Acids to continuously moisturise and hydrate and Centella Asiatica to stimulate collagen production for line and wrinkle improvement. These are the best masks I’ve ever used but obviously with the hefty price tag I try to use them sparingly. They are just incredible though, especially after a long haul flight! My skin is never as dry as it is after a long haul flight, it’s completely dried out and lacking in any kind of moisture, but applying this face mask either in the last hour of the flight or as soon as I reach my hotel just gives my skin a complete overhaul and perfects it like no other product can!

The final mask is by a California based brand, WOW. The mask is much more aimed to an older person, one with more visible wrinkles for instance, however I do still love to use it, despite lacking in the wrinkle department (for now at least!). WOW masks pride themselves on being a natural alternative to injectable substances, they brand themselves on the fact that all the active ingredients have been finely balanced to deliver fast acting treatments to make skin look as perfect as can been for 24 hours but the effects can be felt for up to 7 days! Peptide Argireline is a sophisticated peptide that inhibits muscle contraction to give you that much desired firming effect, it also reduces dynamic and deep wrinkles as well as preventing new ones from forming! Enriched with peptides and vegetable cell extract, this age-defying firming collagen mask delivers intense hydration, visibly reduces pore sizes, wrinkles and skin imperfections so you may feel and look refreshed and beautiful. Perfect for after a long flight or before a special occasion, you can be sure that your skin will be looking on top form after using this mask, and the results can be seen for up to 7 days after which I love, this is my favourite mask to use on the day of a holiday, to ensure my skin is ready to be seen and not covered with foundation! A box of 6 will set you back £60 and a single mask is £14. A lovely mask to have in your collection to be saved for a special occasion!


I'm starting my pre holiday prep now which makes me so excited, skin care is my top priority in the week before going away so I'm taking extra special care this week, which includes a luxurious sheet mask!

Let me know if you have any sheet mask recomendations, I'd love to try out something new soon.

Love, Chloe xo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig