06 October 2016

Space NK Beauty Haul & First Impressions




There's currently a super offer over at Space NK to get £15 off when you spend £60 or more, and also free standard delivery over £40! The offer from Space NK is to encourage you to be adventurous and explore new brands and new products, so I decided to do just that. I had a few products that needed replenishing but instead I decided to branch out and try some new items and explore other brands. I haven't used everything extensively so I can only offer my first impressions, but already I'm really loving using these new products, some products I've had my eye on for a while whereas others were just a spur of the moment purchase!



Hourglass Ambient Lighting Primer- Hourglass just get it, they just understand how to create products that provide that beautiful lit from within kind of glow, and I love it. Keen to pick up a new primer, and to also branch out and try some new products from Hourglass, the first thing I picked up on my shop was the Ambient Light Correcting Primer in Luminous Light. This is a beautiful light reflecting primer, it neutralises, brightens and softens my complexion leaving it looking super healthy and with an ever so subtle glow. It's an oil free formula and so light weight it feels like nothing is on my skin. It does cling to dry patches on my forehead but I just need to remember to use a rich moisturiser underneath this product. My makeup applies beautifully and seamlessly on top of this primer and it stays looking tip top all day long!
By Terry Click Stick in Rose Ease – A new release from By Terry and a bit of an impulse buy from me but the colours and design of these lipsticks drew me in straight away. A 3-in-1 hybrid lipstick that provides super pigmented colour, fine pencil precision and the comfort of a conditioning balm. Click for coverage and glide the unique shaped tip over your lips, using the drop-shaped tip to instantly outline your lips, this is a beautifully velvet smooth feel, matte look dusky pink shade. Perfect travel shape and so easy to use on the go, not that you need to though, one application of this lasted through a full meal and drinks!
Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream- An intense high gloss leave in moisturiser, a great alternative to leave in conditioners, which always weigh my hair down. This super shine product claims to sleeken split ends, tame frizz and repair hair while also evening out the moisture levels in your hair and providing heat protection. Suitable for coloured hair, I was very excited to use this as my hair has been feeling rather dry as of late. A tiny bit goes a long way and really does leave my hair feeling silky smooth and sleek, I can't speak for any long term benefits just yet as I've only used it a handful of times, but right now it seems like investing in the full size would be worth it but I'll just have to wait and see how things progress!

Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow Duo- Cream based products have never really been my thing, but I think that's because I haven't been using them in the right way. I've recently been minimizing my on the go makeup during the week and just have multi-tasking products that are super simple and easy to use, to achieve a clean and simple look in no time at all. This little duo, no 4 in Candlelight/Sculpting, looked like the perfect double duty beauty product, it's super creamy and bendable and really quite subtle but it looks lovely on the skin and so natural. The pigmentation is super strong so there's no need to worry about over doing it with this little product, however it may be small but it is still mighty, a small dab of product creates a super subtle yet super pretty contour and the highlight is dewy and shimmery, just what I love!
Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Concealer- Becca is a brand that I've really been wanting to try more of recently so I decided to start with this, a weightless, water-rich concealer, that contains subtle flexible pigments infused with light technology to conceal and blur imperfections. This covers dark circles, hides blemishes, conceals any discoloration and overall just perfects skin tone all without looking heavy or cakey, or really as if any product is there at all. It has a super unique dewdrop applicator that allows for precise application but is also so soft and helps distribute an even amount of product. I've used this every day since getting it and I honestly love it, being 32% water you would expect it to be a lot more sheer, and well watery, but it's not at all, it provides the perfect amount of natural coverage, your skin still looks like your skin, just better.
Becca Multi Tasking Perfecting Powder- This little multi-use silky powder is perfect again for my week day makeup bag, the powder sets makeup but also provides buildable coverage for a lightweight natural finish. This teamed with the concealer are such a fantastic duo, they just allow your skin to look and feel natural but more perfected. The powder sets makeup beautifully, it doesn’t cake or crease, it just glides on like silk, and using it alone, it provides a soft light coverage to the skin, ideal for those great skin days, or just those minimal days. I was surprised at how small the compact it, I'm interested to see how long this lasts, so far I haven't found that I need to use a lot of this, or to really top up throughout the day, it's a handy size of course, but I do worry about how long it will last.

If there's anything you've been eyeing up recently from Space NK, or if you just fancy some new beauty products, or hey if you're super organised- some early Christmas Presents, then now is the perfect time to get your online shop on!

Love, Chloe xo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig