02 December 2016

A Liberty London Shop | Winter Scents


Going in to Central London in the run up to Christmas is never a task to be taken lightly, there's just a frantic energy everywhere, however there is also something a little bit alluring about seeing the Christmas lights and window displays and feeling the hustle and bustle all around you.
 
Every few months I go to Liberty London to go to my favourite hair salon, Taylor Taylor, it works so perfectly for me, the service and staff are amazing and the results are also incredible, so being based in one of the most gorgeous buildings  and being able to browse and shop some of my favourite brands is one of the best perks of having a hair salon in a gorgeous department store such as Liberty London. Armed with some vouchers from saving up my points on my store card, coupled with the overwhelming festive feeling of seeing all the beautiful window displays and having all the Christmas items on display, as well as the fourth floor being dedicated to all things Christmas, I was in the mood for a little browse and a little shop.
 After wandering around for a little while, and having to force myself to not buy any Christmas decorations, Diptyque ended up being the culprit of my shopping that day.
There was one particular fragrance that I had been so excited to try on, I knew how delicious it smelt but wanted to test the longevity, so a few spritz’s before my hair appointment meant I could test to see if it was worth the money. Nearly 4 hours later and the few sprays were just as prominent, if not more so as the fragrance had developed over time, I knew it was coming home with me!
Diptyque Eau Duelle is the star of the show here, the warm vanilla bourbon scent, encompassing the sweetness of vanilla with the spiciness of frankincense paired together with the warmth of bourbon, a sweet yet seductive fragrance of exquisite contrasts. In just a short space of time Eua Duelle has become one of my most favourite scents with its ever so alluring character, I can’t get enough of this beautifully warming yet delicate fragrance.

Now that I knew I was going to be smelling delicious all Winter, I needed a little something to ensure my home was smelling just as inviting, and what trip to a Diptyque counter or store would be complete without a candle purchase! Instantly drawn to the gorgeous design of the Christmas candles I put my nose to work in hopes that one of the three would be for me. Initially disappointed with the green and the blue candles (too bitter/too sharp), the red candle won my heart with being sweet yet spicy, visions of gingerbread and Christmas instantly came to mind.
The full name of the candle, because surprise surprise it’s not just called ‘the red one’, is Diptyque Epices Et Delices Holiday Candle. The packaging is adorable, metallic red (like a bauble) with a festive little gingerbread man decorated on the outside. Inside, the candle scent is just divine, warm gingerbread mingles with sweet honey laced with hints of star anise to give a sharper spice. This is the most perfect Christmas candle and it's making me feel so festive already.
Liberty is a dangerous place to go when you’re in the mood for shopping, but luckily I was armed with some loyalty points vouchers and I’m so happy to now have a very festive candle as well as having a new winter fragrance! And of course, seeing all the pretty Christmas lights and window displays has made me feel even more festive and just so ready for Christmas!

Love, Chloe xo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Both of these sound like they smell amazing! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Chloe Lola Friend. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig